Monday, May 20, 2013

Long Weekend Report: New Plants

Worked on my front lawn this long weekend.  I covered the grass under my tree/bush plant with mulch.  I added a border to keep the mulch where I want it.  Also added soil and grass seeds to the rest of the front lawn.
Front Lawn Design.
I also trimmed off the lower branches to allow room for me to start growing a couple of Golden Raspberry plants.
New Golden Raspberry Plants.

Food this weekend ->
I made chili from scratch.  I only made it medium spicy because my throat is still sore and I've developed a power cough over the weekend.

Chili.
I finished it with freshly sliced corn from the cob.  The fresh corn was sweet and tasted really good in the savoury and spicy chili.  I also topped the chili with some Parmesan cheese.
Topped with Cheese.

Went to the Merivale buffet with the family for lunch.  I had 4 plates of food.  This was the 1st plate.
Plate #1.
The 2nd-4th plates mostly consisted of the mussels.  The mussels were really good and really big!  I also had alot of BBQ chicken feet.  Nibbling the tasty skin off the little toes is just yummy :)
Chicken Feet and Mussels.

Monday night I BBQed some rib steaks.
BBQ Steak.
Got a nice sear on them.  Plated with some stone-pot microwaved potatoes and carrots in leftover duck fat!
Steak and Veggies.

Useless Idol Info:
Got a package on Friday from eBay.  I got a Kashiwagi alarm clock, Kojima tumbler, and what I really wanted from the auction item grouping, 2 heat changing mugs of Kojima and Yuko.
eBay Stuff.
The mug when empty and cold, nothing is there. 
Cold Mug.
Add hot coffee/tea and Yuko's autograph magically appears! 
Hot Mug.
BTW: I can't show you the other side of the mug as the pic of Yuko has her clothes magically disappear!  Just kidding, the clothes are still there.  Here is proof.
Clothes Present.

No comments:

Post a Comment