Sunday, August 28, 2016

Weekend Report: Street Full of PokeLured PokeStops.

Food this weekend ->
Took Friday off work.  Just because.  Slept in and then went to get some groceries.  Saw Linda, Everett, and Katie at Superstore.  I was there to get breakfast food for my lunch.  Made myself some hotdogs and eggs with fresh baguette and grape tomatoes on the side.  I was looking for breakfast sausages, but hotdogs were on sale.
Lunch.

Made leftover stew with stuff in the fridge.  I boiled some chicken drumsticks, in water with a couple red potatoes and half a spanish onion (over 1 month old in the fridge and was still good.).  I also added some fresh corn kernels off the cob, white pepper, salt, garlic powder, and the secret ingredient: 1 pack of chicken ramen flavouring.  Boiled it for about 20 mins to make sure the chicken was cooked (it was beginning to turn).
Leftover Stew.

Went to the Corny Dog with Ben and Brian on Saturday night before gaming.  I got the Combo #3: 1 personal poutine, 4 cinnaballs, and a pop for $10.  So I got a Piggy's Gone Wild, 4 cornballs (mini pogos because the cinnaballs were sold out), and a ginger ale.  The personal poutine was huge!!!  Seems like you get more if you eat there, because my to go portions are not that big.  I couldn't finish it and had to ask for a box too.  The cornballs were very good.  I got a garlic dip for them.
Giant Personal Poutine.

Went for Dim Sum with Gen and her friends at Chu Shing.  We got the table 2nd furthest from the kitchen.  That meant alot of the trolleys got emptied before getting to us.  We were there almost 2 hrs before we were full.  Sorry no pics.  As the food came down, it was destroyed.
While we were there the whole time, someone activated PokeLures on all the PokeStops on Somerset.  I was lucky that 3 stops are near our table at Chu Shing.  I got alot of Pokemon including some water one, but we weren't near water.
PokeStops with Lures!

Useless Food News:
Got some "ground cherries" from Lori.  She grew some in her garden.
Ground Cherry.
I've seen these before at Farmboy, but I didn't know what to do with them or how to eat them.  Apparently you just peel back the leaves, wipe any dirt and eat it.
Unwrapped Ground Cherry.
They are good.  They aren't very sweet, but kind of like a mix of cherry and tomato.
Insides.

Useless Gaming News:
We played a couple good games at Brian's on Saturday.  We started with Internal Affairs.  It's a quick guessing game where you try to find who is on your side and figure out the enemy's code numbers to eliminate them.  We played the 2-4 player variant which doesn't involve ID cards that the 5-8 player normal game has.  I was still fun, and I picked up a copy on Sunday at Comic Book Shoppe.
Internal Affairs.
We also played Star Trek Panic.  We thought it would be easy like Castle Panic, but it is way harder and complex, but fun.  I'll probably get it too.  The objective is to complete missions while protecting the USS Enterprise from Klingon and Romulan attack.  We didn't finish our game.  We were getting pounded and the Enterprise got crippled with no shields left.  I also had to leave to get home to watch AKB48 on Music Station, but when I was watching it, their performance was cut and the show ended 20 minutes early!?!  They'll be on again next week.
Star Trek Panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment