Sunday, April 3, 2016

Weekend Report: Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!

I wanted to prank my co-workers with an April Fools joke Friday morning, but my plan didn't pan out.  I bought some mini-cupcakes from Walmart and I wanted to replace the icing with a yellow mustard and mayo mix, but when I removed the icing, the cupcake fell apart and the middle went with it.  Too bad it didn't work.  It would have been hilarious.

Took Friday afternoon of from work (I've still got too much vacation), and I went with Julie to eat Dim Sum and then checked out the Spring Craft Show.  Saw some neat stuff at the show and ate some food samples, but I didn't buy anything.  I was hoping to find some unique garden gnomes, but didn't see any.  We did abit of shopping afterwards and watched some old school Beastmaster TV show.

Food this weekend ->
For Grandpa's birthday, the family went to try out "Ten Sushi" on Bank Street.  They used a computerized ordering system (like they have in Japan).  That was the best thing about the place.  The food was OK, nothing special (Fusion is better), but the service was horrible.  The servers would walk by and drop off plates of food, but they would never pick the empty plates at the same time.  The pad thai and short ribs that we ordered at the beginning of the meal, didn't show up until when we were almost finished eating (30 mins later).  Then when we ran out of tea, we tried to wave down a waiter for 5 minutes before someone finally looked at our table!  I'm never going back.
Sushi and Sashimi.
Mid-Meal.
Mango mousse birthday cake from T&T.
Birthday Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment