Sunday, April 10, 2016

Weekend Report: 8 Blue Crabs

Didn't win anything on the Walking Dead lottery ticket.  Too bad.

Food this weekend ->
Picked up a Hot n Ready pepperoni pizza for a late lunch on Friday.  I was impressed with how well it was made this time.  No bubbles in the dough and the pizza was nice and thick.

I bought 8 blue crabs from the little asian grocery store in Kanata.  It was about $14 for 8 crabs.  I think that is a pretty good deal.  They were very "clingy", but big. 
Blue Crabs.
I boiled them in salt water, 2 at a time for 10 minutess.  I slowly destroyed each one, getting all of the meat.  It took awhile to eat but it was worth it.  6 of the 8 were females and they each had alot of roe.
Cooked Blue Crabs.

Useless Aquarium News:
My fish tank has alot of little snails in it, but I've notice that I now have a few large ram snails.  I remember the last time I got some twin fireball tail tetras, there were huge albino ram snails in the tank.  I guess a few of the eggs got transferred into my tank with the water.   A few of my ghost shrimps are getting really big too (see pic background).
Ram Snail and Ghost Shrimp.

Useless Gaming News:
4-Player gaming at Brian's on Saturday.  We started with Broom Service.  The game play has 7 round and each player picks 4 action cards for each round.  The object is to collect points by delivering potions, collecting clounds, or collecting resources.  I like this game and probably going to buy it.  Brian gave up before the 1st turn and then he started playing bad and out of turn during the game.  I don't care anymore when he does this and I should probably just leave.  Maybe next time.
Broom Service.
We also played Pandemic Legacy for the months of March and April.  We won both games.  Good game.  I didn't foresee how Pandemic Legacy was going to evolve.
We finished the night with Roll for the Galaxy.  Ben ran away with the game early as he got lucky with his Tech and World draws.

No comments:

Post a Comment