Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Report: Super Moon

Saturday night was the Super Moon.  It's when the moon has a very close orbit with the earth, so it is bigger and extra bright.  It also seems to give Jeff the ability to win board games.
Supermoon.

Food this weekend ->
Jane, Ben, and I went to the Beddington's sale before they closed on Friday night.  I got a few little things.  Afterwards we went to the Kanata Noodle house for a late dinner.
Ben got the Pork Vermicelli without spring rolls.  It's the same price as the one with 2 spring rolls, but we think there is more pork to compensate.  We don't know for sure?
Pork Vermicelli.

Jane got the medium Egg Noodle Pho in Chicken Broth.  The broth is really tasty.
Egg Noodle Pho.

I got the Pho Special #15 Large.  I almost finished all of the soup this time.  I was probably 6 big gulps away from finishing, but I was so full of water I couldn't.
Pho Special #15.

We went to Le Buffet des Continents on Sunday for Ben's Pre-Birthday lunch.  I was really disappointed.  It was mostly breakfast food.  No sushi, crab legs, or any chinese stuff.  Dinner is so much better there.  The highlight of the meal was freshly made pork-rinds.  They were so good.
Pork-rinds at the bottom of the plate.

I also made some rolls of salmon avocado sushi.
Salmon Avocado Sushi.

Useless Gaming Info:
Anthony, Derek, Jeff, and I played the Soccer board game and RoboRally on Saturday night.  As I said above, Jeff with his moon powers, won both games.  We also retired the Soccer game.  It takes too long and is only OK.
Soccer Retired.
RoboRally.

Useless M:tG News:
The latest Magic set was released on Friday: Avacyn Restored.  I picked up 2 booster boxes and a Fat Pack.  I was hoping to get an Avacyn, Angel of Hope but I didn't get one :(  Ben got it.
Avacyn Restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment