Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekend Report: Dry-Cured Sausage

The bush outside my house is already blooming.
You can really smell the flowers when you step out the front door.  It covers up the green bin smell nicely.

Food this weekend ->
I needed to clean out the freezer again.  I started with a box of M&M chicken nuggets and a frozen steak.
Chicken Nuggets.
Steak with Veggies.

I got some Pho takeout from the Kanata Noodle House.  I got Pho #15 XL.
Pho #15.
It is huge!  I don't have any bowls big enough so I ate out of my stock pot.  It filled 1/4 of my stock pot.  It's so cheap and you get so much!  I think you get less broth than eating at the restaurant, but that's ok with me.
Pho #15 Combined.

I got this new French Dry-Cured Sausage from Sobey's.  It's called "Rosette De Lyon" and is made in Quebec.  I got version #2 with a Parmesan Cheese crust.
Rosette De Lyon #2.
This is so good!  I highly recommend it.  It's on sale until Wednesday for $7.99 ($1 off).  I served it on round melba-toast.
Rosette De Lyon with Melba Toast.

Useless Chair Info:
Since I got my new computer chair, it made my old 12yr old chair expendable.  I put it out at the end of the driveway with a "Free" sign on it.  It disappeared after a couple hours.
I wonder if the new owners will figure out that the seat smells like "Poo-gas" and it won't go away?  I Fre-breezed it and it made it worse, "Flowery Poo-gas".

No comments:

Post a Comment