Sunday, March 26, 2017

Weekend Report -> Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!

Food this weekend ->
Made Congee after work on Friday.  I used chicken stock, dashi, sliced shitake mushrooms, preserved duck egg, and ground pork.  When it was done, I finished it with some chives and ginger powder.  The congee was really good.  I was thinking afterwards that I should have added some abolone.  Maybe next time.
Delicious Congee.

Hung out with Julie on Saturday.  We watched "Sing" on DVD and finished iZombie Season 2.  Before that we went to Costco and picked up some dinner.  There were a couple bird getting dinner at Costco too :)
Birds at Costco.
For dinner we got Stuffed Peppers and Quiche Lorraine and baked them in the oven.
Stuffed Peppers and Quiche Lorraine.
The stuffed peppers were good and big, but I felt they need something to go with it.  Maybe sour cream?  I like the Quiche Lorraine too.  Very flavourful.
1st Helping :)

Sunday night the family went out for Chinese Buffet on Merivale for my grandpa's birthday.  I haven't been there for a dinner buffet in a long time, and it was good.  My first plate(s) consisted of only seafood: crab legs, cold mussels, hot mussels, shrimp, and sashimi.
Seafood Plate.
I got some roast beef on the 2nd plate.  It wasn't seasoned very much, but was OK.  The short ribs looked good, but they weren't good.  Very tender though.
2nd Plate.
Didn't make my usual congee bowl this time.  Got a dessert plate with a good strawberry cake, ice cream, and almond cookie.
Dessert Plate.

Useless Transformers News:
Picked up some new Transformers on Sunday.  Picked up Broadside, Bumblebee, Sky Shadow, Perceptor, Kup, Topspin, and Quake.  Didn't find Gnaw or Kickback.
Newest Transformers.

No comments:

Post a Comment