Wednesday, March 22, 2017

French Bakery

A new French bakery opened in Kanata.  It's called "La Maison du Kouign-Amann",  It's by Big Rigg, between the Karate dojo and Daycare on Schneider Road.  Peter and I checked it today just before lunch time.
Lots of sweet and savoury treats in the place.
Need to Try Plum Cookies.
I think it was the owner that told us that the top row of sweet pastries was the standard ones available.  The 2nd row was what the bakers wanted to make that day.  It's nice that the options rotate daily.
Sweet Pastries.
I picked up a butter chicken tart and a tomato, bacon, caramelized onion tart for lunch.  I also got a lemon tart and a 3 chocolate mousse for dessert.
Today's Lunch and Snack.
The butter chicken tart (more like a quiche) was good.  The tomato, bacon, onion was ok, but probably won't get that one again.  The lemon tart was really good.  The shell was crispy and soft, and the filling had a really fresh lemon taste.  The 3 chocolate mouse was awesome.  I only had a third of it as I shared it with Peter and Katie.  The prices were OK.  Not too high.  Good place to splurge now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment