Sunday, June 23, 2013

Weekend Report: Ottawa Ribfest 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!

BTW: Your Sunday birthday is the same as my oshi, Kitahara Rie!
AKB48's Kitahara Rie.

Food this weekend ->
Ben, Susanna, and I went to Ribfest Saturday morning right at 11am to beat the crowds.  We picked up ribs from 5 different places, chicken from 2 places. and pulled pork from 1 place.

Lots-of-Ribs.
Top Left Column going down: Camp31, Gator BBQ, Texas Outlaws.

Top Right Column going down: Boss Hogs, Sticky Fingers, Crabby's BBQ.

My personal ribs rankings: 
#1 Camp31.  Our favourite form last year is still my favourite.  Excellent flavour, just enough sauce, and the meat was well cooked and juicy.
Fongpay's #1 Ribs.
#2 Texas Outlaws.  We got ribs from this place by accident.  We were supposed to get ribs from Texas Rangers.  Good mistake.  Their BBQ sauce is fantastic.
Fongpay's #2 Ribs.
BTW: Gator BBQ had very good meat, but it had a familiar flavour.  Tasted like T&T.  But their potatoes were amazing.  They tasted like they were cooked in butter.

I was tired of ribs on Sunday.  I picked up a cod filet and made sashimi.
Cod Sashimi.
I made it differently this time.  I shredded some lettuce, placed the sashimi on it, and poured some soy sauce over it.  Then I heated some olive oil with some sliced garlic.  Spooned the garlic enhanced olive oil over the fish and lettuce and then pour some more soy sauce over it.  It tasted really good.  Got to do it with salmon next time add some finely chopped green onion.  (This works with cold cooked shrimp too.)

Useless Toy News:
I got a birthday gift from Gordon on Saturday.  He got me the Limited Game of Thrones beer (it's actually corked), the chase Larry Robinson figure, and the Smurfs set that includes the Purple Smurf!  Thanks Gordon.  I've been looking for the purple smurf for the longest time.
Birthday Gift from Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment