Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekend Report: Birthday BBQ

Took Friday off, but I ended up going to work on both Saturday and Sunday!  I think I just wasted 1 vacation day.

Food this weekend ->
Friday we had Rideau takeout as my Birthday Dinner/Father's Day Dinner.
Rideau Takeout.
My mom also backed some really good Tempura Shrimp.
Tempura Shrimp.
Dessert was Black Forest Cake (my favorite).
Black Forest Cake.

Had a Birthday BBQ at Linda & Jeff's place.  It was lots of fun.
Birthday Banner.
Lots of food...
BBQ Dinner.
... and drinks.  (I tasted the Hobgoblin beer and it was disgusting.  I don't know how Jeff drank these.)
Hobgoblin and Big Rig Beer.
Tumbled the kids in a giant inflatable ball (which took up a long time to manually inflate).
Giant Inflatable Ball.
Rolled the Kids Around.

Thanks Linda, Jeff, and kids for hosting my Birthday BBQ.  Also thanks for the Lego Stormtrooper Clock.
Lego Stormtrooper Clock.
Thanks Theresa, Anthony, and kids for the dragonfly toy, zombie finger pen, and scissor/tape combo item.
I can't wait to lend the pen... :)
HUGE thanks to Margaret for making this unbelievably awesome cake!!!  I was uber surprised by the cake.  So much detail in the decorations!  The chocolate cake inside was good too.  Thank you very much.  You should have stayed for the BBQ and some gaming.
Awesome...
... Birthday...
... Cake.
Sparklers.

Useless Gaming News:
Played "Walk the Plank" (Print and Play version).  We played this game with 3-players and 4-players.  This game is really good and fun.  Described as a fast mini-Robo Rally, but it's not that fast.  After a few games, playing defense the whole time was easier than attacking, but we found out that we were playing "Pull to Ship" wrong (can't use the card ability unless you CAN pull someone with you towards the ship).
Walk the Plank.
2nd game was "Keep Running".  It failed Kickstarter.  I thought it was because they gave the "print and play" version away for free before it succeeded in kickstarting it, but actually it was because the actual game isn't that good.  I upgraded it with AKB characters, but it didn't help.
3rd game we played was "Spaced Out".  It's a modified "Crazy Eight" type card game.  Once we got the hang of playing it and the timing of playing cards, it got really good and fun.  Ben kept getting screwed with all the attacks, but in the end it was Jeff who screwed me with 1 Asteroid attack and cost me the game.
Spaced Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment