Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekend Report: New #1

I was able to convince the Social Committee to celebrate Donut Day at CMC.  Ed and I made the trip to Tim Horton's and bought 3 boxes of 40 Timbits.  They weren't donuts, but just as good; and it was free so I wasn't complaining :)
Celebrating Donut Day with TimBits.

Food this weekend ->
I needed to eat pasta Friday night to store energy for Saturday's softball tournament.  So I made Kraft Macaroni and Cheese with canned lobster :)  I didn't add any salt and it was too salty :(
Mac & Cheese with Lobster.

Made a big pot of congee.  I threw in left-over chicken gravy from Scores, BBQ pork, 1 can of salmon including all the juice, and 2 preserved duck eggs.  This mix was so full of flavour and tasted really good.
Congee.

Useless Softball News:
We were actually able to play a softball tournament this Saturday.  The tournament tree was reduced and the CMC Strike Fighters made it to the Semi-Finals... where we got slaughtered by Lockheed.  They had 2 home-run hitters that did most of the damage.

Useless Toy News:
After our softball elimination, Marc and I hit Mastermind Toys.  The place was packed.  I picked up both the Lego Star Wars: Tie Fighter and Super Stadium Baseball game for 25% off.
The pitching in the baseball game is really cool.  You can control the pitching speed and the curve using magnets under the board.  This game is really worth it.
We also scored some free frozen yogurt and grabbed some free toys for Marc's kids.
25% off Toys.

Useless M:tG News:
Picked up a box of Modern Masters on release day on Friday.
Modern Masters.

Useless Idol News:
The AKB48 Election was Saturday morning.  I got up at 4am and watched it until 8:30am.  For me it got interesting starting at #21.
Kitahara Rie ranked in at #21.  Way lower than I expected.  I thought for sure in top 16.  She dropped from #13 last year.
Rie ranked #21

Other ranks of interest:
Itano Tomomi at #11.  I didn't expect Itano to drop out of top 10, especially with her graduating.
Shinoda Mariko at #5.  Expected ranking, but then she announced her graduation in her speech.  And she wants it next month at the Fukuoka Dome concert!
Kashiwagi Yuki at #4.  Yukirin drops from #3.
Watanabe Mayu at #3.  At 7:49am, this just got extremely interesting!  Mayuyu dropped from #2.
#2... Oshima Yuko!  136503 votes and only 2nd place!
Surprise #1: HKT48's Sashihara Rino!  150570 votes.  The big upset!  Overcoming a scandal last year and capitalizing on her transfer to HKT48, Sasshi takes #1 away from Yuko!
Sasshi ranked #1.
I'm a fan of Sasshi too, so I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment