Thursday, June 20, 2013

First Taste of Ribs

Lunch today -> Ribs
Reza, Ed, and I made a little trip to Ribfest downtown.  We tried out "Blazing Big Rig".  They're located right outside the Transport Canada office building (lucky people to have ribs right outside their doorstep).
I got a full rack of beef ribs.  This isn't for me.  I found the sauce too salty and abit too smokey in flavour.  I think I wanted it to be abit more sweet/savoury.  The meat was also overcooked and dry (and kind of small).  Could have been just my rack, because Ed's was more juicy (but also small).  From my ribs, I can't recommend it.
OK Ribs.
Hopefully Saturday's Ribfest excursion with Ben and Susanna will produce better rib results.

I also picked up a Ribfest Collector's Mug.  When you get one, you can fill it with beer, pop, root beer, or BUTTER BEER?!?  I wonder if butter beer taste like your drinking butter? 
This mug holds alot too.  I poured 1 can of Pepsi at my desk and it only filled it 1/3 of the way.
The girl selling it said every year the logo on the mug is different.  She also said next year it will say Ottawa on it.
Ribfest Mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment