Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Media Player

I just picked up this Western Digital TV Live Network HD Media Player. It's awesome!
It allows me to watch any of kind of media file from my USB Stick or External Hard Disk, on my TV or my projector.


^ WD HD Media Player.

It's easy plug and play setup. It comes with software for your computer to setup direct streaming to YouTube, Pandora, and your computer files; but I didn't install it.
I tested out the media player with some .avi, .wmv, .mp4, and .mkv files and it works with no problems. It recognizes most file types including .vob and .ts. It even detects and uses subtitle files for the videos too.

Now I can watch everything I download on my 100" Projector. Ofcourse I started with AKBingo! :)


^ AKBingo! on my 100" Projector.

The WD Media Player is on sale right now at the Dell.ca site for $129.99. I printed out the sale and bought it at BestBuy. BestBuy will price-match it and give you an addition 10% off the difference. The regular price is $169.99.
(FYI: there are 5 left at Kanata BestBuy as of Tuesday)

Saw this awesome Truck in the parking lot, outside BestBuy today.


^ Autobot Truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment