Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Report:

Friday:
I think I might be catching another cold... That would suck if I did. I have a stuffy nose and feeling abit tired all day today.

I finally got a pair of Canadian Olympic Mitts. Susanna and my mom picked it up for me from Zellars at Bayshore. They got 500 in, available 100 at a time, from 4pm til 9pm on Friday only. These mitts are really hard to get, and are always sold out online.


^ Canadian Olympic Mitts.

Watched the newest episode of Star Wars: Clone Wars. Season 2 is really good. One of the best cartoons on TV. I reconmend that everyone watch it.

Found a free program to create ringtones ofor my iPhone. Nothing to install too. It's just an executable file. The drawback for being free is that when the program is running, a small ad window must be open. Not such a big deal, as I just blocked the ads with my antivirus program :)

Saturday:
Went out for lunch with my grandparents. They invited us to the Emerald Buffet on Montreal Rd. The Chinese Senior group, that they are members of, were hosting the lunch and we got a big discount and my grandparents picked up the tab. Lunch was pretty good.


^ Plates 2 and 3 (partial). (Forgot to take pic of Plate 1.)


^ Plate 4 was a small dessert plate. I wanted more Egg Tarts, but there were not left.

Did some Christmas shopping Saturday. I needed to find some gifts as I need to ship them to people. I was only able to find 2 things on my list. The malls were not as busy as I thought they would be.
FYI1: Walmart Kanata is open til 12pm everyday now.
FYI2: The toys section at Walmart Kanata is not very well stocked.

Went to T&T at 8:30pm and scored some cheap Lobster! $7.99 for Chinese style Garlic Fried Lobster. The meat was really moist and the shell easily shatters apart to get at the meat. Lots of flavour too.


^ Garlic Fried Lobster.

Sunday:
Woke up late on Sunday. Got up around 11:30am. Because of that, I wasted half the day. I was planning on doing some more Christmas shopping but I didn't go out. Hung around at home watching TV and doing some cleaning up.

Today was Kasumi Koharu's graduation concert from Morning Musume. I read some concert reports and it was suppose to be a tear fest during the graduation. The concert ended with a double encore too.

Dinner Sunday -> Steak, Potatoes, and Broccoli. I marinated it in salt, pepper, olive oil, and 1/2 a lemon; for half and hour before cooking. The acid in the lemon is to help break down the meat fibres to make it more tender. It worked, but added a little too much of a lemon flavour to the meat.


^ Steak, Potatoes, and Broccoli.

Went to Jeff's house and played some more Settlers of Canaan and Formula Die. In Formula Die, we used 2 cars each and played a 2 lap game. The game is way more interesting with more cars, but took us about 2 hours to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment