Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009 Recap

Thursday Dec 24:
The traditional family Christmas party. This year it was at Joe and Joan's house.
(most of the photos were taken with my iPhone, so the quality isn't great.)


^ The Christmas Tree with a ton of gifts under it.

As usual, everyone brought a ton of food for the Christmas feast. We started eating at around 4pm and didn't stop eating til about 11pm. Only took a small 1.5 hr break to open presents. By the end, most of us were about ready to explode. On with the food pics:


^ The Appetizers (forgot to get the pic of the Peking Duck Wraps and the Potato and Leek Soup). Most of us feasted on these dishes while waiting for everyone to arrive and for the main dishes to finish cooking.


^ The Main Dishes. I targeted the Roast Lamb, Lamb Tendons, and the Colossal Shrimp :)


^ Dessert. That little chocolate cake was unbelievably good. I need to know where to buy it! If I wasn't so full at the time, I would have had more than 1 slice.

Friday Dec 25:
2nd Christmas dinner with my family and grandparents.


^ I made the Fongpay Makizushi, Ben made the Spicy Salmon Cream Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper wraps,


^ and Susanna made the Roast Beef with Potatoes and Carrots.


^ Dinner and Dessert. Note the cake cutters are shaped like shoes.


^ My post meal drink to wash everything down. I love this mug :) It's bigger than my face! I can't watch TV while drinking from the mug too.

Sat Dec 26:
Didn't go Boxing Day shopping. Not looking for anything right now, plus it was freezing raining all day. I did open the remainder of my gifts. Let's see what I scored this year:


^ Fongpay's Christmas Haul.

Gordon got me Magic card sleeves and the Street Fighter figs I'm missing.
Gavin got me the Tokyo JR Train Clock. The alarms are JR Station tunes. It's pretty cool.
Jeff/Linda got me the Rockband T-shirt.
Susanna got me the a Knife set and the GIJoe movie.
Dino/Michel got me a Wallet and $$$ to put in it.
Parents and Grandparents gave me $$$.
Bought myself the iPhone and giant Mug.
Thank you everyone for the stuff, but it seems like Ben got me nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment