Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lobsters

Live Lobster Sale at Loblaws til Dec 31. $6.99/lb.
I got 2. I was thinking about keeping them in my fish tank, to fatten them up, but they would probably eat my sharks.


^ Live Lobsters.
I put them in salt water until I was ready for them. First thing they did when I put them in was poop and barf.

Time to cook the lobsters. 10 minutes for 1lb +3minutes per additional lb. I boiled them in salt water for 11 minutes each.


^ Cooking Lobsters.
The 2nd lobster (right pic), the head kind of looks like the head of a Sliver (Magic creature type).


^ Plated Lobsters.
They were actually pretty big for 1lb lobsters.

I'm pretty thorough when eating Lobster. I eat everything, but the poop sack, gills, and shells. The lobster liver or tomalley (aka green stuff) is my favorite part. Usually takes me a good 1/2 hour to de-meat 1 lobster. The little legs take the longest. Also, no tools. I crunch through everything with my teeth :)


^ Lobster shells. The obvious end result.
I completely destroyed these 2 lobsters. They were freakishly good.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see a 30 minute instruction video of you 'destroying' a lobster. Post it on youtube.

    ReplyDelete