Thursday, December 10, 2009

DO-178B Training

Had all day DO-178B training today at CMC. It's a document created to help guide software aviation projects for certification by the FAA. There are 5 certification levels (A-E) which are determined by the level of safety required.
I thought it was going to be boring, but it wasn't too bad and at times interesting (ie watching a video of an engine turbine test involving shooting large birds into the engine). After training I stayed late (7:15pm-ish) to audit abunch of actions a project sent me today and needed them closed ASAP. I'll probably have to come in the weekend to finish. Maybe I'll bank the hours to take Dec 24 off.
Friday will be the 2nd day of DO-178B training, and the FREE CMC Christmas lunch.

Decided to have Breakfast for Dinner today.


^ 3 Eggs, 4 Thick Sliced Bacon Strips, 4 pieces of Toast, and some Bread & Butter Pickles.

Reminder:
Christmas Light pictures are due this Sunday, 8pm.

1 comment:

  1. I scan the Internet for anything related to DO-178B. That's how I found you. I am glad you enjoyed DO-178B. Here's a link (from my blog dedicated to DO-178B) that you might want to look up (or ever better share with others): http://aerospacesoftware.typepad.com/aerospace_software/2007/03/how_to_read_do1.html

    ReplyDelete