Sunday, July 17, 2016

Weekend Report: Campfire

Food this weekend ->
On Friday Reza, Luke, Ed and I went to the New Hong Shing restaurant Greenbank for lunch.  We started with crabmeat fishmaw soup.  It was very good, but maybe a little on the thick side.  Still, thick is better than watery.
We ordered 4 dishes: General Tao Chicken, Black Pepper Sauce Short Ribs, Gai Lan, and Lobster.  Luke told us that the General Tao Chicken is the most authentic to the Hong Kong flavour.  It was very good and didn't taste like Rideau Restaurant's version at all.  I also liked the black pepper short ribs.  It also tasted different that other restaurants.  It had a few familiar KFC type flavours.
Lunch: Before.
We destroyed the dishes as the meal was very good.
Lunch: After.

Julie had people over at her dad's place for a BBQ.  It was fun.  Played some Commander Magic, ate some good BBQ burgers, sausages, and short ribs, followed by a campfire where we roasted some marshmallows. 
Campfire without Flash.
Campfire with Flash.
When I got home I think I've got about 25+ mosquito bites all over my back half.  I was purposely sitting in the campfire smoke so I wouldn't get bites, that only seemed to protect the front of me.  The most itcy bites were on my back thigh and my butt.

Useless Toy News:
Picked up some Ghostbusters figs at Walmart on Sunday.  They look really cool, though I'm not sure if I'll keep them yet.  They were kind of expensive.
Ghostbusters Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment