Sunday, May 1, 2016

Staycation Weekend Report

Did some spring cleaning during staycation and I got stuff to make a garden.  I thought I did alot, but when I actually look around, I didn't do that much.  Oh well. 
I found some old expired food in my cupboards, including some 3yr old moon cakes.  They look editable and smelled fine, but I didn't risk eating it.  I did take a bite of some 1yr old garlic bagel bites.  They tasted like old oil cover sawdust.

Food this weekend ->
Heated up a Feta and Spinach Kihi pastry on Thursday.  It was on sale at Basics.  It's pretty good, but it needs abit more salt or something to dip it in.
Kihi Pastry.

Picked up some Vietnamese subs on Friday.  I got both the soft bread version and the crusty bread version.  The crusty bread version cost 50 cents more, but I think it is a fuller meal.  It requires 2 bites per section compared to 1 bite for the soft bread version.  I got some for Susanna, Julie, and Roger.  I also had some Wendy's lemonade, but Julie took the strawberry version, so I was stuck with the regular version.  The strawberry lemonade version tastes way better.
Vietnamese Subs.

Went to the Chinese buffet on Merivale with the family and my aunt from Connecticut.  The place was fairly empty.  It's usually more full when we go there on a weekend.  I think people went to try Mandarin instead.  The food this time was so-so.  I ate alot of mussels eventhough they were small and weren't that tasty.  There wasn't much "money" food to eat.  I think we should have gone to Mandarin.
Buffet Food.

Useless House News:
Susanna and I went to the Paderno sale at the Nepean Sportsplex.  Some good deals there.  I picked up a set of cutlery.  I needed it mainly for the teaspoons, and I like the checkered pattern.
Checkered Cutlery.

Useless Transformers News:
Picked up Transformers: Combiner Wars Onslaught and Scattershot at the Kanata Toys R Us.  I was surprised to find Scattershot.  I didn't know he was out yet.  I was expecting to find Sky Lynx, but none were on the shelf and they were sold out at Merivale.
Onslaught and Scattershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment