Monday, May 23, 2016

Long Weekend Report -> Baseball Nut

Food this long weekend ->
Went to a farewell lunch for Sarah at the Cheshire Cat Pub on Thursday.  I wanted to order the elk, wild boar, and mushroom tourtiere, but we were only allowed to order from the group menu.  So I got the Hot Beef and Yorkshire.  It was very good.  A satisfying dish, but could use abit more meat and gravy.
Hot Beef and Yorkshire.

Saturday was Jeff and Linda's dinner potluck.  I made mussels and oyster mussels in black bean sauce.  It was good, but I over cooked them a little.  Ben made fish (not shown), and Linda made veggies, a yellow curry, and a red curry.  I really liked the red curry.  Had a nice kick to it.
Party Food.
Dessert was homemade cake, fruit, and 2 pies.
Dessert Part 1
Dessert Part 2

On Sunday, I host a Birthday BBQ for Julie's birthday.  It took awhile, but I got the main floor and the basement cleaned for the BBQ.
Cleaned Up Main Floor.
We had alot of snacks, drinks, cheese (Goat Brie is really good), and BBQ meat.  The BBQ incluced 6 different kinds of sausages, steak, and korean short ribs (I washed off Costco's marinade and put my own on them).  I didn't have my phone with me while BBQing so I didn't get any pics, but here was my 1st plate.  Julie bought the sausages.  They are very good.  I need to get some more.
BBQ Plate.
We played a few board games including Lords of Waterdeep.  Jeremy and I finished tied with most points.  The tie-breaker was most coins and he won because on my last turn, I had just given him 4 coins from completing a quest, and I lost by 3 coins.  D'oh!
Lords of Waterdeep.
Dessert was ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.  The ice cream flavour was "Baseball Nut".  It was a tasty flavour Julie picked out for the cake.
Ice Cream Birthday Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment