Sunday, May 15, 2016

Weekend Report: Cleaning, Mussels, and Psych

I took Friday off, and I tried to spend my long weekend cleaning the house, but I procrastinated and only cleaned abit.  I wanted to finish my garden too by buying some little plants and herbs, but it was way too cold.  Instead I got mussels from costco and finished Season 1 of Psych. 

Food this weekend ->
Steak was on sale at Basics.  Cooked one up on the BBQ.  Quickly made some king oyster mushrooms on a pan with just olive oil and abit of salt & pepper.  Mixed in some leftover sugar snaps too.  Also microwaved some broccoli and cauliflower.
BBQ Steak.

Got a 2 pack of mussels from Costco.  The first pack I steamed in some black bean sauce, white wine, king oyster mushrooms and abit of water. 
Mussels with King Oyster Mushrooms in Black Bean Sauce.
The mussels were really big and plump.  Destroyed this bowl while watching some Psych episodes.
Mmm... Plump Mussels.
I made the second pack of mussels in just black bean sauce and water.  After I cooked the mussels, I poured them into a bowl with uncooked ramen at the bottom.  When I got to the bottom of the bowl, the ramen had softened and soaked up all the black bean and mussel flavour.  It was good :)
Mussels to be Poured over Ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment