Thursday, May 12, 2016

Diefenbunker Escape Room

Dinner today -> The Works.
Julie, Gen and I went to The Works for our pre-escape room meal.  I told them we had to leave in 35mins so they were able to rush our meal out.  I got the Hunka Hunka beef burger.  It was a beef patty topped with peanutbutter, bananas, and bacon.  It was really good.  Could use just a tad more peanutbutter, but was still very peanutbuttery.
Julie got a really good milkshake combo too.  It was a mix of peanutbutter, banana, and coconut.  I tried it and you taste the peanutbutter immediately followed by the banana.  Then the aftertaste was a light coconut flavour.  I got the disappointing strawberry banana milkshake and Gen got a pineapple slushie.

Useless Escape Room News:
Ben organize a 12-person escape at the Diefenbunker.  The objective was to deactivate the bomb and escape in 60 minutes.  We were broken down into 3 teams and Jeff, Julie, Gen, and myself were on Team Alpha.  I won't give anything away but we slaughtered our Alpha puzzles with 24minutes left.  We were well organized and didn't rush or get too excited.  Ben was on Charlie team, and it looked like they were having troubles.  Ben was dripping sweat too :) 
In the end we successfully escaped, eventhough more than half the team ran away early because they thought we had deactivated the bomb, but we didn't yet *cough*Ben*cough*LeadingTheRunners*cough*.  Jeff, Gordon, Julie, another guy, and myself stayed back to shut down the bomb and then escape.
Overall this was a fun escape room.  I would recommend it.  Julie and Gen really liked it compared to their last escape at the uber-diappointing FunHaven escape "experience".

No comments:

Post a Comment