Sunday, May 8, 2016

Weekend Report: New Garden

Put together my garden on Friday afternoon.  I built it in the front yard with some simple cinder blocks and filled it with soil.  I've planted some tomato plants in the middle plot.  Not sure what else to plant there yet.  For the little soil pockets in the cinder blocks, I want to get some herbs to plant in there.
New Garden.

Food this weekend ->
Peter, Ed, and I went to the new "Ox Head Restaurant 2" on Carling (by Wendy's).  We got there at 11:30 and the place was already packed.  Peter got some A4 beef rolls.  They were pretty big and looked good.
Beef Rolls.
Ed and I got the usual V17 Ox Head Special vermicelli.  It was very good and filling.  I think there was more meat than the one at Centrum, but I also think there was less noodles too.
Ox Head Vermicelli.

Barbequed some Korean short ribs on Saturday.  I had marinated them since Monday.  These were so good and the flames caramelized the marinade nicely. 
Korean Short Ribs on the BBQ.
I also made some white rice, broccoli, and cauliflower.  Julie came over to hangout and join me for dinner.  We watched a Chinese version of Running Man on TV while eating (one mission was to play Dance Dance Revolution on acupuncture mats!) and then we watched some original Sailormoon episodes to almost 3 in the morning.
Short Rib Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment