Sunday, November 22, 2015

Weekend Report: Pop Expo 2015

Food this weekend ->
Got fresh rice noodle wraps and sesame balls from the local Chinese grocery store.  The sesame balls were especially good today.  Crispy, chewy, sweet, and savoury all at the same time.  Must be eaten fresh on Fridays, and nowhere near as good the next day.
Sesame Balls and Rice Noodle Wraps.

Went to House of Targ on Saturday with Ben and Jeff's family.  25 cent old school arcade games and $1 pinball machines.  Pretty fun.  I played 3 rounds of X-Men vs Street Fighter using Ryu and Cyclops, and my hand was tired afterwards.  I'm getting old and rusty.
They also served hand made to order peroges.  Although the peroges were good, they were expensive (12 perogies for $16 + $2 for sides).  To me, it's a try once thing.
Mushroom Peroges

Dinner at Jeff and Linda's house Saturday night.  Linda made salad, gumbo, and coconut rice.  It was all very good.  I've never had gumbo before and I ate 3 bowls.  I brought soy chicken on chinese greens.

Useless Gaming News:
Played some boardgames with the kids on Saturday.  Pie Face was fun.  We didn't use whip cream, as it would make a mess inside and it was too cold outside too.  We just used a wet sponge. 
We also tried out Garden Dice.  This is actually a very good game that requires strategy and luck.  I pulled away early, but Everett won in the end by 4 because I used up my sun token and he didn't (+5 bonus points for not using it).

Useless Shopping News:
Explored the Pop Expo on Sunday with Julie.  Lots of dealers there, but not that many guest or events from what we saw.  Found this uber rare StormTrooper :)
Rare StormTrooper.
I pick up a Birthday present for Jeff.  I got him this shirt, but the guy forgot to ask me what size I wanted before he started to press the shirt.  I needed a medium but he used the 2XL demo shirt.  So he made another in M and threw the 2XLshirt in the $5 bin.  I bought the $5 version for myself afterwards :)  It's abit big on me, but I don't care.
Thinking...
We went shopping at T&T and Bayshore afterwards.  Julie treated for ice cream at Laura Secord.  We both got the French Crisp flavour after trying a sample.  It's really good and I recommend it.
French Crisp Ice Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment