Sunday, September 13, 2015

Weekend Report: Unbelievable Come-Back

Food this weekend ->
Ed, Steve and I went to Ox Head on Friday for lunch.  We all got the best dish in the place: the Ox Head Special vermicelli.
Ox Head Special.
Went to Kanata Rib Fest on Sat evening.  I got my food from Brick Yard BBQ.
Brick Yard BBQ.
I ordered the Belly Buster for $28.  It includes 1/2 rack of pork ribs, 1/2 jerk chicken, 1/2lb of pulled pork and 2 sides.  I chose beans and rice.  It was lots of food and really good.  The ribs were perfectly cooked and NOT "fall off the bone".  Exactly the way I like it.  The jerk chicken was actually better than the ribs.  Well cooked and juicy.  I want to call it "smooth".  The pulled pork was standard as was the beans.  The rice was cooked well too.  No clumps and light.
Belly Buster.
I went back on Sunday afternoon to get another Belly Buster.  Not as good as the night before as the ribs were more "charred".  I was also given 2 leg halves instead a 1/2 chicken.  Still very tasty.
2nd Belly Buster.

Useless Softball News:
Most of the softball playoffs was cancelled due to rain this weekend, but the CMC Strike Fighters did get our 1st round game completed vs Lockheed Martin.  We had all the calls called against us by the umpire and we were losing 7-18 going into the bottom of the last inning.  We made an unbelievable come-back scoring 12 runs and won 19-18!  Round 2 is Monday night.
I hit 2-for-2 with 2 singles and a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment