Sunday, September 20, 2015

Weekend Report -> 2 Buffets

Food this weekend ->
Went to the East India Company Restaurant Bell's Corners location on Friday with Ed and Peter for lunch.  This is the best indian food buffet I've ever been too!  I was impress by the sheer variety of food and the quality of the food.  There were probably 5 different chicken dishes, mini samosas, tons of sauce dishes I've never heard of, but the main thing that caught my taste bud was the clam curry.
Plate #1
On plate #1.  I tried to try a bit of everything that had meat in it.  The butter chicken was superb.  The lamb was very good too and had large chunks of meat.  The clams were big and spicy.
I was getting full, so plate #2 targeted the money food: Clam Curry.  I think these were cherry stone clams and they were huge!  I ate a dozen with rice.  So good. 
Clam Curry!
They also sometimes have crab curry, but it wasn't there today.  The waitress said it very creamy, but not spicy.

Made sliced blade steak with brown mushrooms for dinner on Saturday.  The blade steak was chewy, but that's the way I like it.  Ben wouldn't be able to eat it.  Added a blob of garlic sauce too.
Steak and Mushrooms.

On Sunday, we celebrated my mom's birthday early.  We went to the Chinese buffet on Merivale.  I was in the mood for seafood since the clams on Friday, so I got alot of mussels.
Plate #1.
I made my usual congee mix bowl for the 2nd plate.  Topped the congee with mussels, fish, green beans, baby octopus, mushrooms, fried wonton, bacon and green onion.
Congee Mix Bowl.
Plate #3 was more mussels, chicken feet, chicken wings, and misc dim sum stuff.
Plate #3.

We meet up at my parent's house afterwards.  My mom said she didn't want cake.  So it ended up she buy a cake by herself, Susanna buying a bunch of mini-french pastry cakes, and I bought a red velvet cake and watermelon! 
Lots of Cakes.
Susanna showed me a new way to slice watermelon, so that it makes watermelon sticks.  Just cut it in a grid and makes it easy to eat
Watermelon Sticks.

Useless Gaming News:
Gaming at Jeff's place on Saturday night.  We played a couple rounds of Tsuro with the kids, before moving on the 5-player Star Trek: Five Year Mission.  We lost on Commander level with only 12 missions completed.  Then we played my new game River Dragons.  It's plays similarily to Robo Rally were you plan 5 moves ahead of time, but this game's objective is to move your villager from your start village to the opposite village.  Do this by playing/removing stones and different sized planks.  If you make a mis-step, you fall in the water and have to start over.
River Dragons.
I like this game.  Pretty fun with strategy and some luck involved.  The only flaw with this game is the plank have a tendicy to fall off the stones when removing or placing them.  If the planks were made more rough, they would have some grip.
We finished the night with a couple games of Biblios.  Jeff lost both games due to not having the tie-breaking "A" card.

No comments:

Post a Comment