Monday, September 7, 2015

Long Labour Day Weekend Report: Heat Wave

My phone kept alerting me all weekend that there was a heat warning.  With humidex it was high 30's and it's supposed to continue through to Tuesday night.  Got a triple-header softball game Tuesday night, so I hope it lets up.  But as usual, there is a threat of rain too.

Useless Star Wars News:
Friday was Force Friday.  Checked out the new stuff that was released, and picked up the new light sabre.  It's not that great.  I thought it was the button release version, but it just flips open.
New Light Sabre.

Food this weekend ->
Had a farewell lunch for one of the summer co-op students on Friday at The Barley Mow.  I ordered the Lunch Special: sausage chimichanga and cheese & potato cream soup.  It was surprisingly really good.  I haven't been there is a long while, but the food there was usually not good.  I guess they upgraded the food.
Chimichanga and Potato Soup.
Made breakfast sausages for lunch on Saturday.  They I made 4 sunny-side-up eggs in the grease, but the eggs stuck.  I had to flip the pan an the plate (because I didn't want to dirty a spatula).  In doing so, I popped all the egg yolks :(
Eggs, Sausage, and Toast.
Made ribs on Sunday.  Finished with a thin layer of "No Limits" BBQ sauce and then caramelized in the oven on broil.  They were "fall off the bone" too.  Not the way I like, but really good.  I ate the ribs with Caesar salad.
Ribs.
Steak, corn, and garlic cheese bread for Sunday dinner.
Steak, Corn, and Garlic Cheese Bread.

Useless Running Man News:
Running Man members Kim Jong Kook and Lee Kwang Soo will be on Amazing Race China this Friday!
Kim Jong Kook and Kwang Soo on Amazing Race China.

Useless Gaming News:
5-Player gaming at Brian's Friday night.  Brian ordered Batman Fluxx for me to push his order amount for free shipping.
Batman Fluxx.
We started with Tumbling Dice.  This is a fun simple game of throwing dice.  Need to get a copy.
Tumbling Dice.
We then played Star Trek: Five Year Mission.  Pretty difficult game based on luck of the die rolls.
Star Trek Five Year Mission.

Useless Idol News:
Got a couple AKB48 CDs in on Friday.  It was "Halloween Night" Type C regular and limited editions.
AKB48 Halloween Night Type Cs.
AKB48's "Halloween Night" Music Station performance was pretty cool.  The girls did magic tricks but with 1 fail.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment