Thursday, September 10, 2015

Kanata Rib Fest 2015

Lunch today -> Ribs.
Went to the Kanata Rib Fest for a late lunch today (around 2:15pm).  There were 5 rib cookers there but not that many people.  The location is at the Walter Baker Park, but there is no walk-by traffic there.  They are also behind the big hill, so cars just driving by won't see it.
Crazy Canuck Smokers.
I got a half rack from Crazy Canuck Smokers.  It was saucy and smokey, but not very sweet.  Some of my ribs were dry and the meat didn't have much flavour.
Louisiana Bar-B-Que.
I got another half rack from Louisiana Bar-B-Que.  This was not as smokey and had a sweet honey flavour.  After a couple ribs the sweetness turned into a honey orange marmalade flavour with a hint of something odd... almost like a Chinese orange candy.  It tastes like orange, but not exactly orange.  Anyways, I didn't like it after a couple ribs.  I gave a couple ribs to Susanna and she said it was too sweet and had a orange flavour too.
Louisiana (left) and Crazy Canuck (right)

Useless Gaming News:
Went to work on my "staycation" at lunch time, just for today's gaming lunch.  We played 4-player Star Trek: Five Year Mission.  Lots of fun with my work group.  We barely succeeded at Commander difficulty level.

No comments:

Post a Comment