Sunday, August 10, 2014

Weekend Report: Optimus Prime Tie

Food this weekend ->
Susanna picked up some JoJo's Pizzas: Jojo's Special and Combination.  It's OK.  Not a big fan of the pizza.  The dough needed to be more firm.

Tried out a new Moon Cake with lotus paste, 2 egg yolks, and abolone!  It was abit expensive because of the abalone, but it was pretty good.  The abalone was dried and chewy, but not bad.  Good for a 1 time treat.  No pic.  By the time I got to it, there were only 2 slices left.

I got some mussels from Farmboy this weekend and made them with some Korean red pepper paste, green beans, garlic, and shitake mushrooms.
Mussels Cooking.
I should have chopped up the shitake mushrooms instead of sliced them so it can get inside of the mussels.  I forgot to add some chopped onions too.  Other than that it was really good.
Mussels, Green Beans, and Shitake Mushrooms in Red Pepper Broth.
I used the leftover broth to make some tofu noodles from T&T.  The tofu noodles are not that good.  It doesn't absorb any broth and doesn't really untangle very well at all.  Won't be buying that again.
Tangled Tofu Noodles in Red Pepper Broth

Useless Gaming News:
Did some gaming at Brian's house on Friday.  We played Lewis & Clark.  It was an OK worker placement game.  Ben won.
Lewis & Clark.
We also played Archer: the Danger Zone Board Game, Get Lucky, and Flash Point.  I was surprised with Archer.  That game turned out to be simple and super fun.  Probably be better if I watched more than 2 episodes of the show.
Archer Game.

Useless Transformers News:
Got another 2 ties from Japan.  These were Optimus Prime ties. 
Optimus Prime Tie.
Got one for me and one for Ben as a belated Birthday present.  I should have gotten a Megatron tie too, but I think they are all sold out now on HLJ.
Prime Close-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment