Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weekend Report: Wasted Gaming Night

Food this weekend ->
On Friday, Ed, Steve, and I went to Bai Du for some Korean BBQ and Sushi lunch.  Ed and Steve had never had Korean BBQ and Steve never ate sushi before.  They now eat both.  We stuffed ourselves with alot of meat.
Grilled Meat.
This is what we ordered the whole time there, but the list doesn't seem to indicate that much food.  I kept ordering Beef Spare ribs in multiple orders, but they would always only bring 1 dish.
Bai Du Order.
FYI: don't order chicken unless you really want it.  It didn't taste that great, took forever to cook, and used up alot of cooking real estate.

Made some Chicken Pad Thai Saturday.  I only had 2 small chicken thighs left in the fridge, so there wasn't alot of meat in the dish.
Chicken Pad Thai

Then with the other half of the package of Pad Thai noodles, I made Cream of Chicken Soup with Mussels and BBQ Pork.
Before the Noodles soaked up the Soup.
It was really saucy at first, but when I came back for a 2nd bowl, the noodles had sucked up all the soup.  Probably won't make this again with this type of noodle.

Useless Gaming News:
I'm not sure why we did gaming at Ben's on Saturday night?  We were suppose to meet at Ben's house at 7pm, but he didn't get back from golfing until 8:30pm.  On top of that, Ben called me at 6:40pm saying he won't make it back to his house until 7:30pm, so someone had to meet Gordon and Brian there.  So I skipped watching a Music Station special (with AKB48 performing) that was on TV, just so I can be at Ben's house by 7:15pm to meet the guys.  Ben didn't tell me that he had texted Brian to not show up until 8pm, so I just waited OUTSIDE his house the whole time. 
I should have known this would happen.  This IS Ben (Ben you owe me big).
Then, when we were gaming, Ben had invited friends over to chat and hangout for awhile, and he stopped playing to do so... why invite people over when you already have plans?
Also Brian was just playing on his iPad and not really in the game... why game if you're not in the mood?  I notice he does this alot.

This is why I don't think we need to game EVERY weekend.  If you're not committed to it, just don't play at all.  It felt like we were just going though the motions.  Wasted this gaming night, where I could have just stayed home and watched the 2hr Music Station Special on TV and play Diablo 3.

Anyways, we played Cosmic Encounters first.  We must be playing something wrong.  It ended after 1 complete round.
Cosmic Encounters.
Then we played Touch of Evil in verses play.  This is where Brian was out of it (maybe sulking because we weren't playing coop mode?), and Ben's friends arrived.  Only Gordon, Paul, and I actually played. 
Touch of Evil in Verses Mode.
Then we played Flash Point.  This was fun,  We almost lost.
Flash Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment