Monday, July 22, 2013

Pacific Rim feels like a Mix of Movies

Useless Movie News:
My last day of staycation today and I went to see Pacific Rim this morning.  The new baby prince was born while I was watching giant mechs and monsters battle to the death.
Pacific Rim is really entertaining with good action, but none of the content/storyline was unique except for the water battles.  To me the movie seemed to have taken parts from Godzilla, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Gunbuster.  There were alot of parts that I thought, "This is just like Eva/Gunbuster".  It didn't bother me much since I like Evangelion and Gunbuster.
I would watch this movie again, and I have a feeling I'll end up buying this.  If it shows up on TV when I flip channels, I would stop to watch this.
FYI: There is a small scene after the initial credits.
The trailers before Pacific Rim sucked except for "Seventh Son".  Checkout the trailer.

Lunch today -> Salmon
Pan seared a salmon fillet.  The bottom was cooked through with the top still rare.  Served it with Pita bread and some sour cream mixed with some dill.
Salmon, Pita, and Sour Cream with Dill.

Dinner today -> Sushi.
Ben, Susanna, and I went to T&T tonight.  I picked up some snacks and discount sushi.
Discount Sushi.

Useless Transformers News:
Got these Transformers Optimum sketches in the mail today: Soundwave and Kickback.  The kickback is drawn extremely well in classic G1 style.
Transformers Sketches.

Useless Idol News:
Got these Kasai and Rie photos in the mail today.
Kasai and Rie Photos.
Majisuka Kasai.

Shinoda Mariko graduated from AKB48 today, with her last stage performance at the AKB Theater.  Afterwards, she took down her photo from the members wall.
Mariko Graduates.
Yokoyama Yui will take over as Captain of Team A.
New Team A Captain: Yui (right)(Suu-chan on left).

No comments:

Post a Comment