Sunday, July 28, 2013

Weekend Report: Dungeoness Crab

Food this weekend ->
On Friday, Steve, Ed, and I went to Mr.Chopsticks.  We thought it was a Chinese restaurant.  Boy were we wrong.  It's a Chinese fast food joint like in a mall.  All the food is pre-cooked.  You order your 3 items + rice/noodle + drink/soup and they put it in a tray.  I guess this is ok if you're in a hurry, but not what I expected.  It's no Rideau Restaurant.
Steve got this plate:
Steve's Plate.
Ed got this with soup:
Ed's Plate.
I ordered the Japanese Ramen.
Not Real Japanese Ramen.
It was not good.  It wasn't white miso broth.  The meat was wrong.  And the noodles tasted like spaghettini.  Ed and I probably aren't coming back.

I boiled/steamed some Dungeness Crab I bought from Walmart.
Dungeness Crab from Walmart.
It's pretty good and there is alot in the bag.  I slowly ate the whole thing over 1.5hrs while watching a Korean variety show called "Running Man".  The show is really good and fun.  (ie drink Lemon Tea Mission: roll a D12 to determine the # of lemons to squeeze in you cup.  Then randomly pick a spoon size -ear pick to garden shovel- for the amount of sugar to put in.  Top it off with hot tea (if there is any space left).  Muscles got 11 lemons and 1 ear pick of sugar LOL)
Boiled/Steamed Dungeness Crab.

I also got some steak from Walmart.  I was iffy about this, because the last time I bought fish from there, it was terrible.  This steak turned out OK.
Steak with Wild Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment