Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend Report: 4-Day Staycation

Reminder: Last day to vote is tomorrow...

I'm in the middle of my 4 day staycation.  Friday morning I went to watch Despicable Me 2 at Centrum.  Did you know "before noon movie showings" are only $6?  So worth it.  Since I have Monday off too, I might just go see Pacific Rim or World War Z too.
DM2 Ticket.

Food this weekend ->
For my grandma's birthday lunch, my aunt made a reservation at Wilfrid's Restaurant at the Chateau Laurier.  It's a fancy place with decent food and high prices.
Wilfrid's Place Setting.
The bread basket had a bunch mixed breads.  Where can I get those handy butter balls?
Bread Basket.
Ben ordered Crab Cakes and a Seafood Fettuccine.
Crab Cakes.
Fettuccine.
Susanna got this Blacked Salmon Salad.
Blacken Salmon Salad.
Alot of us got the Catch of the Day: Trout.
Trout.
I got the Chateau Burger.  The burger was really good.  It had a beef patty, bacon, and pulled short rib on it.
Chateau Burger.

My mom had her retirement party at Panda Garden.  I think there were 40 of us there, and we stayed at Panda for almost 4 hrs.  A few of my plates.
First plate was light because 40 people went up at the same time.  It was too packed to get alot of food.
Plate 1.
3rd plate.  It looked similar to my 2nd plate.  I basically ate a ton of seafood and chicken wings.
Plate 3.
After 9pm, alot of the people got a 2nd wind and went for more food/desserts.  Chicken wings and sushi for dessert.  The cream puffs were fresh and the sesame ball was really tasty.  I ate 7-8 sesame balls by the end of the night and a 3 cream puffs.
Dessert.

Later that night, we had cake for my grandma and my cousin Kevin.
Birthday Cakes.

Useless M:tG News:
Picked up a Fat Pack, the Black Intro Pack, and 2 Booster Boxes of the Magic the Gathering 2014 Core Set. 
M14 Boxes.
Still in the middle of opening the packs, but the card to get is the Kalonian Hydra.

No comments:

Post a Comment