Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Icing Challenge

Lunch today -> Lucky Dragon Delight Chinese Restaurant
Reza, Carmelo, and I went to the grand opening of Lucky Dragon Delight Chinese Restaurant. It was OK. It was typical Canadian Chinese food.
We ordered 3 dishes:
- Beef with Chinese Greens. The Chinese greens we got were not the kind I expected to get. No garlic in the dish too.
- Curried Chicken. This dish lack more curry flavor. Alot of carrot and celery filler too.
- Chinese Style Canton Chow Mein Speciality Dish. The chow mein was not crispy and lack some seasoning.
We also paid $2 each for a bowl of rice!


^ Lucky Dragon Food.
Overall, I rate the food as below average for the price. The major faux-pas was the use of all the celery as filler!
I might try them again in a month or so, and see if they improve. Right now it doesn't look good for them to expect me as a repeat customer. I would rather drive the extra 5 minutes to go to Rideau Restaurant, for some real Chinese food.

Useless Cake News:
Ed brought me some left over chocolate cake from one of his project celebrations.


^ Chocolate Cake.
Don't know what it was for, but I can't turn down free cake.

Later, there was a special celebration for the whole company with more cake! After most of the people left, we challenged Ethan to eat all the remaining icing from the cake tray for $20 :)


^ Ethan Eating Icing.
There was about a pound of icing on his plate, and he ate the whole thing. I thought for sure he was going to spew after eating all that sugar :)

Useless Softball News:
CMC Strike Fighters beat GDC in our final regular season game. We won 13-11. Our defence was really strong until the last couple of inning where we gave up most of the runs. We almost lost it in the last inning.
I went 0 for 3 with 1 RBI. My worst game of the year.
MVP: Stefano. He shows up right before his 1st atbat and hits a 3 run homer.

No comments:

Post a Comment