Thursday, June 9, 2011

2011 Election Results

I went to bed around 2am last night and woke up at 6am this morning just to check the results of the AKB48 Election on Twitter. I thought the event would have finished by then or be almost over, but I forgot they performed a mini-concert and did member introductions before they started, so they were only at #32. I stayed up and kept refreshing twitter to follow it to the end. It finished around 7:40am. I found out later that I could have watched a live stream on my computer.
Full results with vote totals here.

Notable Results:
- Kasai at #16! That totally sucks!
- Sasshi at #9. She deserves top 10 ranking. She works so hard and is always entertaining. Her blog is the best too.
- Mayuyu at #5. Mentioned just for Gavin.
- Yukirin at #3. Weather girl beat out Mariko for #3.
- Yuko at #2. Funny part of Yuko's speech "... Also, I didn't get a trophy last year. Give me!" LOL
- The number of votes cast was incredible. Check out the numbers in the link above.
The number of votes at #23 this year were enough to get #12 last year.
The number of votes at #12 this year were enough to get #1 last year.


^ Maeda at #1.
The face of AKB48 is back on top. She beat out Yuko by over 15,000 votes! Maeda had a really good speech too.
BTW: If you look closely, Itano (top left) looks like she is not very happy falling from #4 to #8 this year.

Useless Softball News:
CMC Strike Fighters 1st Tournament game was today. We played "Hooters". They are an "A Division" team, so as expected, we got slaughtered. I don't remember the final score, but I think it was around 26+ to 5.
Tomorrow we play "A-Team", who we already beat once this year.


^ I cut up my leg sliding back to second base.

Dinner today -> Tunafish Sushi Rolls.
I made some tunafish sandwich filling (tuna, mayo and Miracle Whip, black pepper, wasabi, cayenne pepper) and put it in a sushi roll. It was basically a simple onigiri, but in roll form.


^ Tunafish Sushi Rolls.
It was messy to eat as the filling kept squeezing out the other end.

Final note: That car was in my spot again!

2 comments:

  1. why are SKE members part of the election?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of AKB, SKE, NMB, and all the kenkyuusei are part of the election. Don't know why. That's 158+ girls to vote for.

    ReplyDelete