Sunday, July 19, 2015

Weekend Report -> Asian Night Market

Food this weekend ->
Friday, I picked up some BBQ pork and fried dungeness crab.  The ate the BBQ pork in some hambuger buns and snacked on the tasty crab legs.  I should have gotten another container of crab.
T&T Food.

Went to the Asian Night Market on Saturday night.  The place was packed, but only packed because the layout was horrible.  All the stalls were in 1 row with very little room to line up for food, and the lines were uber long.  Whoever setup the layout doesn't know how to do it for an event like this.  Plus there were tons of room elsewhere in at Lansdowne.  Also, all the plants got trampled and there were only green bins for cans, but no garbage bins.  So every was just throwing the garbage into the green bins.
Night Market.
I waited in line for 30mins to get 6 lamb sticks ($10).  Wasn't worth the wait.  They were good, but not worth the wait or the price.
Lamb Sticks.
I then got a souvlaki platter from a food truck because the line was short and I was hungry.  Only waited 5 mins for the platter.
Platter.
I wanted to get the Stinky Tofu, but the line was atleast 45mins.
Long Line for Stinky Tofu.
The squid on a stick was the best thing there.  Filling and good, but I remember it being a whole squid and not parts of one last time.
Squid on a Stick.

On the way home, Ben and I went to Menchies for frozen yogurt.  I got vanilla, chocolate cake, and pineapple sorbet.  I topped it with all the different popping balls.
Menchies.

Useless Gaming News:
Gavin was in town this weekend.  Ben and I dropped by his place to play some games.  We played abunch of games of 3-player Magic.  Ben's Wurmcoil Engine was played almost every game, and we each had control of it at least once through various control abilities.
Magic Gaming.
We also played a game of Libertalia.  It doesn't play that well with just 3 players.  It needs atleast 4-5 for best play.
Libertalia.

Useless Magic News:
Picked up the new M:tG Origins set on Friday.  It's the last Core set to be made.  I got a couple booster boxes and the Fat Pack.
M:tG Origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment