Tuesday, July 7, 2015

2 Wins in the Rain and I Swallowed a Bug

Useless Softball News:
CMC Strike Fighters played a double-header vs Sons of Pitches tonight.  They are the top team in our division (and we beat them last year to win the championship). 
We waited for the rain to stop around 8pm and started Game #1.  We won 11-10, thanks to Jeno who was 0-for-3 until he hit the game winning home run at our last at-bat.  I had a pop-up play at home, that I didn't catch because when I ran to get the ball a bug flew into my mouth and I swallowed it.  It felt like it was clinging on to my throat for awhile until I flushed it down with some water.

During Game #2 it started to rain and then turned to drizzle. but it was a warm drizzle.  We were drenched by the time we finished.  We won 13-5.  Jeno made the play of the game when he recovered an overthrow at 3rd to get it to me, getting a batter trying to get an in-the-field-homerun.  It was a quick blind throw and a blind catch (only got a glimpse of the ball at the last second).
Tonight's MVP was Gary.  He controlled the game with his pitching and struck out 7 batters (1 girl and the same 1 guy 6 times)
Honourable Mention: Shawn hit 3-for-3 with 3 homeruns in Game #2.

Useless Baseball News:
Saw this baseball play on Twitter.  It reminded me of our team during the tournament in the 1st morning game.

No comments:

Post a Comment