Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekend Report: No more Tree

I decided to cut down the bush/tree plant infront of my house.  It was getting too big and I want to grow something else (maybe bamboo and strawberries).  This is the mid-way point after I cut most of the smaller braches off with a branch cutter.
Cutting down the Tree.
I removed the remaining bigger branches with a hand saw.  Still have a stump left to saw off when it stops raining; and the roots to chop up with a spade later.

Food this weekend ->
Got some discount medallion steaks from Walmart.  Quick fried it and made a side of mushrooms.  Steaks were abit tough, but OK for $4.50.
Steak and Mushrooms.

Baked Crescent Rolls with hotdogs and bacon.  The hotdog ones are more satisfying than the 2 bacon ones.
Hotdog and Bacon Crescent Rolls.

My parent's went to Montreal and brought back some leftover lobster my uncle made.  It had lobster tails, giant scallops, and colossal shrimps in lobster sauce.  It's so good!  Too bad I don't know how to make it as good.
Lobster, Scallop, and Shrimp in Lobster Sauce.

I got some Frank's sandwiches on the way home from Comic Book Shoppe.  Lunch for Monday and Tuesday.
2 Frank's #1
I made some toast and removed some of the filling from the Frank's sandwich to make 2 more sandwiches.  I was completely stuffed after destroying that plate.
2 Additional Sandwiches from 1 Frank's Sandwich.

Useless Gaming News:
Played some games at Brian's place this weekend.  Started with 3-player Haggis.  It's similar to A$$hole but it has 5 suits and everyone has visible wild cards.  I think this is a good 3-player game.  I won :)
Haggis Card Game.
Next we played 4-player Fleet with expansions.  The expansion adds more boat varieties and buying license options.  I only bought and launched Processing Ships and Artisan Ships.  I had a huge fleet of 9 ships in the end while the others only had 3 ships each.  Brian was giving up again halfway through the game when he couldn't buy anything or launch any ships to compete with my fleet.  I won again, but only by 6 points over Paul.
Fleet Card Game.
We finished the night with Pandemic + In the Lab expansion.  We won with 3 turns left, so I was undefeated all night :).

No comments:

Post a Comment