Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools: Sour Eggs!

My April Fool's joke today was to bring a jar of pickled eggs to share at work.  I peeled off the label so it didn't look store bought.  As people ate a sour egg, I would send them this article about this local Chinese delicacy :)  Don't read if you're squimish.
Pickled Eggs, not Chinese Virgin Boy Eggs.

Lunch today -> Fusion DimSum & Sushi.
There is a new all-you-can-eat restaurant in Kanata called "Fusion DimSum & Sushi" (near the Lowe's).  Went with Ed and Steve for lunch today.  The food is really good and service was fast (except when they forgot some of our dishes).  We got some steamed DimSum dumplings (hai gao had large chunks of shrimp), BBQ chicken feet, pad thai (very good small portions), sushi (very fresh fish), tempura shrimp (very big and not greasy), steak, general Tao chicken, meat skewers, and lots of short ribs (not as good as mine, but good).
Fusion Food: Wave 1.
I found the dessert "fried banana with ice cream" really good too.  I recommend the place, but it is alittle pricy.
Prices.

Useless Food News:
Susanna and I got some expensive "Sumo Oranges".  My grandma said they were the best oranges she's eaten.  They are sweet and juicy, and the peel falls off super easy.  I don't think it's the best, but it's up there.  If only they were cheaper.
Sumo Oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment