Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend Report: Happy Birthday Dad!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

We went to Panda Garden Buffet for lunch.  I ate alot of sushi, dim sum stuff, and cold mussels.
Panda Plate #1.
Panda Plate #2.

We had birthday cake in the afternoon.  Strawberry Whipped Cake from the Swiss Pastries in Carlingwood Mall.
Strawberry Whipped Cake.

It was really fresh, fluffy, and so good.
Birthday Cake.

Just before we started cooking dinner, a golf ball from the Kanata Lakes Golf Course hit my car!  It left a decent-sized dent!  Waiting to hear back from the clubhouse about what they will do.
Golfball Dent.

Birthday dinner -> Korean Short Ribs, Mushrooms, and Congee.
We Barbequed Short Ribs and White Mushrooms in Korean Short Rib BBQ sauce.
BBQing.
BBQ Done.

My mom used a trick to make congee really fast.  Wash the rice and put in a bowl.  Cover the rice with water and freeze it for a couple hours.  This will break the rice fibers.  Then dump the frozen rice and water into a pot with boiling water and cook for 15mins.  The congee will be done and really smooth.  Linda, you should try this.
Fast Congee.
Congee with BBQ.

Other Food this weekend ->
I got some discount food Loblaws at 8:30pm Sunday night.  Got regular wings, some honey garlic wings, and a box of spicy wedges.
Wings and Wedges.

I made Sushi from some salmon from the new Walmart.  The package said it was fresh and never frozen.  As I was slicing the fish and eating the sushi, the salmon had the hint of chlorine.  Not good.
Chlorine Sushi.
I ate the sushi anyways, but I wondered afterwards:
1) If this is fresh salmon, where did Walmart get and cut the fish?  They don't do it on site.
2) Why was the expiry date Sept 12.  That's almost 2 weeks!  Most fresh fish usually last 3 days.

I got Kanata Noodle House takeout.  I ordered 2 #15 XL Pho to go.  I got 1 for Susanna, who never had it before. 
Pho #15 XL

No comments:

Post a Comment