Monday, September 17, 2012

Chain-link Cucumbers

Dinner today -> PEI Oysters and Chain-link Cucumbers.
I got 2 dozen PEI oysters from Farmboy today.  They are on sale for 39 cents each.  I shucked them pretty easily with my shucker.  I think the trick is to pry them open from the hinge side.
PEI Oysters.

I ate some raw with a bit of lemon juice.  I also steamed some with chopped garlic, soy sauce, and green onions.  I made some neat chain-link cucumbers on the side. 
Oysters 2 Ways and Chain-Link Cucumbers.

I saw how to make these chain-link cucumbers today on NHK.  Neat way to garnish a dish.
Chain-link Cucumbers.

Useless Toy Info:
Picked up a set of the new Classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Classic TMNT.

They are super articulated and really cool.  Even each finger and toe can be positioned.
Raphael.

No comments:

Post a Comment