Monday, January 11, 2010

CMC MTL and Trains

Made a visit to CMC MTL today. Met with my boss and the other SQA team members. Basically a meet and greet.
I also met up with Natalie. She's about 3 months pregnant now and starting to get big. She showed me some cool ultrasounds of the baby. I could see the baby's brain! (FYI: it's a boy and due June 1st). She wanted me to say "hi" to everyone in Kanata (done), and for Thu and Stefano to get in-touch with her (you got that you two?).

I took the train back to OTT. Never been on a VIA Rail Train before, so I was looking forward to it.


^ View from VIA Rail Train #37, Cab #3, Seat 12A.

The ride was kind of bumpy, but overall it was OK. It's no Shinkansen. There was a food trolley that came around, but alas... no Riceballs or Boss Coffee :)
There was also free Wi-Fi on the train, but it wasn't very stable. Sometimes it was fast, but most of the time it was slow. I tried using it, but gave-up and went to sleep.
The highlight of the trip was ofcourse, the smell of "Poo-gas" coming from the open bathroom at the front of my train cab. The "delightful rotten-egg odour" drifted from the front of the cab all the way to me in the middle, and on to the back. It was about 10 minutes before a conductor showed up and closed the bathroom door.

I was starving when I got home, so for dinner today I made a quick oden. I bought an oden bundle from Uni, but I forgot to buy some Chinese veggies. I had to make due with some daikon and lettuce. I added instant dashi and soy sauce to make the broth. Again I made too much food, but it was good.


^ Quick Oden. My favorite is the cubed Fried Fish Tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment