Sunday, August 27, 2017

Weekend Report -> Happy Birthday Dad!!!

Food this weekend ->
Made cold egg white noodles with steak on Friday.  It was just egg white noodles mixed with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and cooked oil.  Sliced up some leftover steak and mixed it all together.
Cold Egg White Noodles with Steak.

Made tofu curd soup on Saturday.  I made it with dried tofu curds, dashi, shitake mushrooms, bailing mushrooms, and low-salt chicken broth.  The bailing mushrooms have a similar look and texture as abalone but with a mushroom taste. 
Tofu Curd with Mushrooms Soup.
It was very tasty.  Gave most of it to my grandparents.

Sunday, went to Chinese buffet on Merivale for my dad's birthday.  The food has lower quality everytime we go there.  I usually get some sushi there, but the sushi rice was super mushy (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't sushi rice.).
Plate #1.
Made my congee bowl for my 2nd plate.
Congee Bowl and Sides.
We had cake afterwards.  It was Frutti Bosco from Montreal.
Frutti Bosco
Very moist and good.
Cake Cross-section.

Useless Garden News:
Picked all my finger eggplants and gave them to my grandparents.  I will be getting a 2nd harvest of finger eggplants if my cherry tomato plant doesn't block them out.
Finger Eggplants.
Ben and Susanna told me a chipmunk was in my cherry tomato plant.  That must be the animal that is eating my tomatoes and strawberries.  I thought it was a racoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment