Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Instant Hotpot was Inedible

Lunch today -> Triple Decker Grill Cheeese.
Peter and I went to food trucks today.  Only "Dash" was there.  We each got a "Triple Decker Grill Cheese".  It has smoked pulled pork in 1 layer and kimchi with crispy garlic in the 2 layer.  It also came with homemade hickory sticks. 
Triple Decker Grill Cheese.
The grill cheese was really good!  I usually don't like kimchi, but it works in this sandwich.  Very filling meal.  I'd probably get it again.  The price was $12.

Dinner today -> Instant Hotpot.
I got this instant hotpot meal from T&T on sale a few weeks ago.
Instant Hotpot Box.
I asked my parents to translate the instructions for me.  First you put the sauce pack, noodles, and vegetable packs in to the smaller top container.  Then add hot water to the line.  Then put the white heating pack into the bigger container and add cold water to cover it.  The cold water cause a reaction and boils really fast and hot.
Chemical Reaction Pack.
Afterwards, put the smaller container onto the bigger container
Steaming Hot Hotpot.
Cover for 8 minutes.  Then remove and stir.
Finished and Inedible Hotpot.
It looks really good, but it was so spicy I couldn't eat it.  It's got chinese pepper corn and peppers in it.  It numbs the lips and doesn't taste that great.  Too bad it looks so good and really cool to make, but was inedible.  If I get this again on a big discount, I wouldn't add the sauce pack or herbs.  I'd just add a ramen flavour pack for the soup base.

Useless Food News:
Klondike bars are on sale at Loblaws for 50% off!  I bought 4 boxes for $2.99 each :) 
50% Off Klondike Bar Boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment