Sunday, May 28, 2017

Weekend Report -> Kanata Ribfest

Food this weekend ->
Made a 4 egg ramen with some fish sausages and seaweed.  I made it around 2am on Thursday night.  It really hit the spot, as I've been going to bed around 4am for the past week.
Late Night Ramen.

Kanata Ribfest was this weekend.  Not sure why they held it at the Wave Pool?  There wasn't very much parking and most of the residential area was full of cars.  There were 4 big ribbers and a couple small rib trucks.
Rib Sign
More Rib Signs.
On Friday, I got a rib and chicken combo from Ribs Royal.  They were OK.  Their ribs were very tender and juicy; and the chicken was moist.  The sauce was OK.  It wasn't sweet, or savour, or smokey.  It was just average.
Rib Royal.
On Saturday, I got a rib and chicken combo with beans and slaw from Smoking Bones.  Ribs were OK, but not as good as Ribs Royal.  I thought these would be smokey but they weren't, and the sauce didn't work for me.  It was trying to be savoury, but it wasn't.
Smoking Bones.
The ribs from the small rib trucks looked very good, but I didn't go back on Sunday to get them. 


Useless Food News:
Tried out the Dew-S-A drink.  I don't really like it.  I don't know how to describe it, but it's got a "scratchy" taste when you swallow it.  Kind of too sweet too.
Dew-S-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment