Sunday, May 14, 2017

Weekend Report -> Horrible service at La Noodle


Food this weekend ->
Made sausages Friday night.  These sausages were the one I got from the Montreal's Jean Talon market last year.  I think this was the store: Boucherie Prince Noir.  I froze them and forgot about them. 
Montreal Sausages.
I think these were the flavours: the red one is beets & beef, the green is spinach, grains, cheese, & pork (has a tube of cheese down the middle), and the brown one was sweet figs, honey, & pork.  I would get all 3 again.  They were amazing.
Sliced Sausages.

On Sunday, Ben, Susanna, and I went to Chinatown.  We got Vietnamese subs and Chinese buns.  I got lots of BBQ pork buns and fried curry buns.  My 2 favourites.
Lots of Buns.

Went to La Noodle for dinner on Sunday with the family to celebrate Ben's birthday.
We started with lamb skewers.  Tasted just like night market food.
Lamb Skewers.
I got hand-pulled noodle stir fry with lamb.  The plate was huge and it was good.  (flash made the pic really bright)
Lamb Noodles.
We also shared a mini-wok full of spicy grilled intestines, and salt & pepper squid. 
(Cindy if you are reading this, if you see a mini-wok with a little wooden cooking stand that holds a tin of liquid fuel for sale in Toronto, let me know.)
Mini-Wok of Intestines, Squid, and Braised Beef Bowl.
Ben got the braised beef bowl adding an egg and vegetables (above).  I tasted his broth.  I was uber good.  Just like the first time I ate it with Cindy, and not watery like the 2nd time I ate it.
FYI: While the food was really good, the service was horrid.  We waited forever for a waitress to come take our order, they never came back to clear empty plates or refill the water, and then we waited again for the longest time to get the bill.  We never got the bill.  We couldn't wait any more and just went to the cash to pay.  I can't believe my mom left a tip too.  All the good food was nullified by the service, so IMO would have cancelled out any tip.

Afterwards we went to our parent's house for cake.  We had limoncello cake from Costco.  It's new.  Might have replaced creme brule cake?  This cake was good.  

Useless Movie News:
Took Friday off and went to see the pre-noon show of "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2" with Julie.  Pre-noon shows are only $7.50.  Great movie.  Lots of funny parts and good action.  Wasn't sure what the main plot was until halfway through the movie.  I highly recommend to go see this movie.  BTW: there were 5 ending credit clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment