Sunday, May 7, 2017

Weekend Report -> Fridge Cleanup and Expired Food

Food this weekend ->
I was cleaning out my freezer and I found a pan of frozen short ribs from Costco... but they were from August 2012! 
Short Ribs 2012.
I decided to defrost it and see if it was still editable.  I pan fried a few strips and ate them.
Tastes Fine.
They tasted pretty good.  Only a small taste of freezer burn, but otherwise they were good.  I didn't get sick later that day either.
I ended up eating the whole pack throughout the weekend.  I ate some with some old mini-Eggos I had in the freezer too.  These expired in March 2017 and had a stronger freezer burn taste than the meat.
Short Ribs, Waffles, and Fruit Cups.
I had fruit cups for dessert.  They had expired in February 2017 and they totally tasted fine.

I also made pasta on the weekend to use up the leftover bolognese sauce.  I added expired sour cream from Feb 2017.  I tasted it before and it tasted like sour cream.  Maybe more sour?  I also added some old orange, red, and yellow peppers.  They were starting to wrinkle and get limp.  Finally I added brown mushrooms.  Nothing wrong with the mushrooms.  They were fresh. 
Pasta.
The pasta tasted abit too sour when it was hot.  After it cooled, the dish tasted perfect.  Didn't get sick after eating this too.

Useless Food news:
Was at Loblaws Friday afterwork.  I found the new McDonald's sauces for sale.  They were on this week too.  They had Big Mac sauce, McChicken sauce, and Filet-O-Fish sauce.  Most of the Big Mac ones were gone.  Only 2 Filet-O-Fish sauces were left.  Lots of the McChicken sauce on the shelf.  I only bought the Big Mac and Filet-O-Fish sauce.
McDonald's Sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment