Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Salty French Food

Day 2 of a 3 day audit today.  I got the theme song from "Passe-Partou" stuck in my head all day during the audit.  I was just humming it in my head.  I had it in my head yesterday too.  I have no idea why?  It just popped in there.

Dinner today -> Viva International Buffet
Skipped softball tonight (I wondered if they played because it was raining) and went to dinner at the new Viva International Buffet.  Julie went with me to try it.out.  Each night of the week is a theme, and Tuesday nights is French food.  I've never had French food before, but Julie has, so she helped me critic it.
There wasn't much variety for a buffet, and I wasn't sure what dishes were "French".  I got a bit of everything with meat in it.  Julie said the beef bourguignon was french but the sauce was too watery and way too salty.  A couple other dishes were French too, but weren't good either.  She said most of the dishes were too salty, and I had to agree.  I did find the roast beef very good, but a bit too fatty.
First Plate.
I also got a plate of fresh cooked mussels in a tomato and white wine broth.  The mussels were OK, but there was too much wine taste for me.
Mussels Plate.
I didn't really try the desserts, but Julie tried most of it.  She said it wasn't good and there wasn't very much "French" desserts.  Mostly standard buffet desserts + crepes.  But Julie also said everything was way too sweet.  Anyways, we were both disappointed with the place, especially for dinner pricing.  I also can't see myself coming back or recommending it.
We hit Menchie's right after for frozen yogurt and to fill up.

No comments:

Post a Comment