Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Birthday Cake

(No post yesterday because I was up til 4am watching Sailormoon, then I was up til 5am because AKB48 Show was on at 4:30am)
Went shopping and bought some new clothes on my birthday.  Got a couple of casual shirts that came with matching t-shirts.  Julie went shopping with me and helped pick them out.  In the end she bought more clothes than I did.  I was also looking for the "Power Air Fryer XL", but we didn't see it in the Showcase store or the Bed, Bath, and Beyond store yet.
New Clothes.
Jeff and Linda got me a cooler.  Jeff suggested I could use it for softball, but I think I'll use it as a big lunch box.
New Cooler.

Dinner Tuesday-> BBQ.
Roger and Julie came over for BBQ dinner and to watch movies/Sailormoon.  We had marinated short ribs, Teriyaki pork, and a pasta salad from Costco with some veggies I had in the fridge.  The pork was really good.  Usually I don't get pork because it's usually too dry, but these Costco ones were really moist and tasty.
BBQ Dinner.
Julie made me a birthday cake.  She said it was similar to a Dutch black cherry cake (I think?).  It was a big and heavy cake. 
Homemade Cake.
She made it with 3 layers.  The top and bottom layers were chocolate.  The middle layer was a maraschino cherry cake.  Each layer was separated by a cherry sugar sauce, but one of these sauces hardened too much and became a candy layer.  lol.
Homemade Cake Cross-Section.
The cake was very good, just a bit difficult to cut :)  I really liked the cherry layer.  Thanks Julie for making me this cake.  I'll probably be snacking on this for a few days :)
My Slice was Too Big!

No comments:

Post a Comment