Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekend Report: Gavin in Town

Useless Food News:
Monday March 16 at Dairy Queen is "Free Cone Day".  You can get a free small vanilla cone for dropping in :)

Food this weekend ->
Went to Fusion on Friday for a very late lunch.  Peter, Steve, Ed, and I showed up at 1:30pm and started ordering right away.  The food orders came out to us so fast, as most of the other customers were finishing up and not ordering.  It was an awesome time to go!  We ordered alot of meat dishes, especially the short ribs.
Fusion Food Order Being Destroyed.
More Fusion Food.

Saturday I got up at noon and made breakfast.  Toast, maple bacon, and eggs.  Watch some Running Man while eating it.
Breakfast.

Tonkatsu flavoured ramen with seaweed miso soup and vegetarian balls.  Boiled the balls in the miso soup and ramen soup base first to deflate them.  While that was cooking, I softened the dry ramen in a bowl of hot water.  After the balls deflated, I added the dried seaweed into the soup base.  Finally drained the ramen and added it into the soup.  It taste really good mixed together.
Ramen.

Sunday night I steamed a Turbot fish in the oven.  Seasoned with some oyster sauce, ginger powder, white pepper, and olive oil.  The fish was a little freezer burnt on the ends, but good.
Steamed Turbot.

Useless Gaming News:
Gavin was in town this weekend.  Ben and I dropped by his parent's place for dessert and some gaming.  We ate apple pie (Pi day) with ice cream and Melorange.  Gaming started with some boardgames: Castles of Burgundy, Smash Up, and Munchkin Loot.  Then we moved on to some Magic.  I haven't played Magic since Gavin was last back in town.  It was good to play Magic again, even-though my decks haven't changed in a long while.
3-Player Castles of Burgundy.

Useless Idol News:
Gavin got me a couple AKB48 items from the AKB Shop in Japan.  He got me a my oshimen's, Kitahara Rie, fridge magnet and a pennant.  Thanks Gavin.
Rie Stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment